OurBlkCreatives™ focuses on content that uplifts, empowers, inspires, and highlights black excellence from entrepreneurship to the executive c-suite. We spotlight issues blacks face culturally, economically, and socially. If you are an experienced writer, influencer, or just starting out – we’d like to hear from you. We take pride in featuring authentic stories with positive editorial voices and real meaning.
OurBlkCreatives™ reserves the right to be selective with articles and photos that are approved for publication. We also reserve the right to provide suggestions for edits to your content. At this time we are unable to pay for articles and photos.
Why Join Our Team of Writers?
- Expose your brand to a wide audience via digital/print and social media handles.
- Drive traffic to your website and build your tribe or community.
- Be viewed as an “Expert” or “Influencer” in your field.
- An opportunity to inspire and promote “Black Excellence” and things that matter to our culture.
- Receive author rights to your published material and acknowledgment on the Soigné + Swank Magazine™ website.
Guidelines and Format for Written Work
Our focus is to ensure quality content to our readers that is encouraging, engaging, and easy to read. Find our basic guidelines below to be sure to receive the best review of your submission. Please only submit final drafts of your work.
- 200-500 words (for digital articles)
- 500-1,000 words (for print articles)
- Word document format (.doc or .docx)
- High-quality digital photos, large in size and include a release for use
- A (5 sentence maximum) bio that includes a link to your blog, website, and social media channels
**Your content will be rejected if plagiarized or includes the sell/promotion of unauthorized products or services.**
By submitting articles, poems, or any form of written work to OurBlkCreatives™ for publication, you provide ownership of your written work to OurBlkCreatives™. You will still be named author of your work by acknowledgment and ability to share published material using links provided.